Sunday, February 5, 2012

Machine Gun Kelly on Hot 97

I recently got into MGK (Machine Gun Kelly). I had been hearing about him for a while but I didn't pay much mind to him. While flicking through channels a while back I went to MTV Hits and his video "Wild Boy" featuring Wacka Flocka was on. I instantly loved the song off the energy he gave in the video. His look, the wildness and freedom in the video caught my attention; plus the song was pretty good.

Like I do any artist I gave him a try and researched him and his music. Various interviews, blog posts, and his music sold me. I truly enjoy his music and his mentality. Even his tweets are hilarious, he says things I would say.

In the interview below, conducted February 3rd 2012, I feel like they didn't give him fair respect off of one factor, how do you interview someone and NOT research them? How do you not know the work artists that you are interviewing? Rosenberg compares MGK to Yelawolf and MGK comments how his music sounds nothing like Yelawolf which is correct. The two artists have nothing in common lyrically, from the way they rap to what they rap about. I believe it is unfair that just because they are both white that they get automatically compared.

Its 2012, Eminem is not the only white rapper and rap is definitely not about skin color, it is about potential and message. ABout being a voice people can relate to and/or enjoy. I agree with the statements MGK makes in this interview, and I agree with Rosenberg when he says that MGK is young and that his time of glory is coming. But if you truly gave MGK even a little background check you would applaud the accomplishments he has made at his young age and the vasts following he has.


Shout out to MGK for being a 1990 baby! This generation is not like the others. We are more motivated and more determine than previous years. This era is all new and changed, music is not the same, style, art, fashion is not the same. We are introducing the new wave for future generations to build on and branch a new.

Lace UP!

P.S. check out the homies over at Kreemo featuring MGK reppin their "Drop Out Bear" tee

No comments:

Post a Comment