Monday, March 14, 2011

Au Natural: Dea Unveiled


Recently I posted this photo on twitter. I appreciate all the compliments given to me on it, but the reason I posted this photo was to show what I represent. I don't wear make up, I don't have hair, I don't put on false nails, I don't have the bangest body, but the contents of who I am are what give me my appeal.

Outside

Hair: I cut off all my hair January 2nd 2011. I didn't cut it to be like Amber Rose, I cut it because I no longer wanted to have a perm in my hair, I wanted to go natural. It's March and I've continued to cut it because its just so simple to maintain, less stress and highlights my facial features.

Weight: I am not the baddest chick on the planet. I don't have Beyonce abs or Rihanna's long legs but I am gorgeous. In 2008 i weighed 167 pounds. In 2009 I dropped drastically to 132, not on purpose either. I was stressed, upset all the time, lacking sleep and didn't eat enough to give me the energy I needed to be staying up two-five days a week. As a matter fact one day I blackout and almost fainted on the train on my way to the city. It's 2011 now and I am proud to say I weigh 145 pounds; I was more comfortable weighing 167 though, I was happy in my weight. I recently started going to the gym, not to be the baddest chick, but because it's the right thing to do. You shouldn't have to take care of yourself because you want to impress others.

Tattoos: I have two large tattoos and four small ones. I intend on getting a full sleeve within the year. I have gotten both good and bad reviews on my tattoos, but when it boils down to it, if I never took a photo a lot of people wouldn't even know I had any. I don't get inked for show, I do it for self. I love tattoos, each of mine symbolize something deep, others may not understand it, but it isn't on them now is it?

Face: I had double chins for a long time, not anymore, sorta miss them, my friends loved making fun of it. I have a flat nose, I get it from my dad. i have chink eyes and high (usually placed) dimples I got from my mom, a big smile and fangs I got from my dad as well.

Feet: I wear size 9/10 in sneakers and boots, and 11 in heels. I have big feet, always have, when I was younger I was very self conscience about it, now I could care less. I have big hands as well.

Stomach: I have a belly, I don't have a flat stomach but I will still walk in the Spring and Summer in a crop top or bikini.

Breast: By now if you didn't know I am a 34D, hence the name of my line. The reason I named my line after my breast isn't because I'm conceited or obsessed with breast, my line being named 34D is another reflection of me. I am random, childish, and perverted, (there's a lot more too me though) but its all in fun, so why not name my line after Brenda and Kendra? They're awesome.

I use to get picked on a lot in junior high school, I was a tomboy and shy. I went to catholic school and chose to wear pants while all the girls chose to roll up my skirt. I wasn't "fresh" my family picked my clothes for me, it wasn't until 10th grade I actually started working, buying my own clothes and dressing good. But the clothes never made me though, I always was gorgeous. That's why these days I don't care what I throw on, and I still look good.

I fucking love who I am, and I don't compare myself to anybody. Now by this point you may ask "...what was the point of this post?" I did this post because I want you to go look in the mirror right now, whether its nude or with your clothes on, look at every inch of your body and just LOVE every inch of yourself. Nobody walking this earth surface is perfect, we can only be the best version of ourselves by loving ourselves inside and OUTSIDE!

There isn't anyone that can tell me I don't look good, that I don't have appeal, that I'm not that chick, because I already know I'm the best I can be, and I can only get better.

So it doesn't matter whether your hair is real or not, or if you have any at all, doesn't matter if your a A Cup or DD Cup, it doesn't matter if you got a gut, doesn't matter if you're really tall or short, or slim or fat, look in your mirror and whatever you think is wrong with you scratch it from your mind, just think about all that's right with you.

I'm comfortable in my skin, you should be too. I love my body, you should too. I love myself, you should too.

Photos from my past:

Chuky little me (1992)
In 2008 I literally went to a restaurant every weekend.

You can see my double chin in this photo (2008)

I weighed 165 in this photo. You can see the weight in my face and body. (2008)

When people took pics of me I never looked into the camera, I was real shy and insecure about looking into the camera. I bought tons of sneakers because I figured it would distract from the fact I had big feet (2008)

All mine (2009)

I had hot pink tips in my hair in High School, I was a sneaker head a hypebeast. (2008)

Easy E (2009)

I remember this day, let's say I took 100 pictures, only four I liked because the rest showed my fat. (2008)

Lol this was a day in spirit week of my school, I think it was Flashback day. (2008)

Prom (2008)

Inspiration behind my Prom dress (I LOVE Beyonce)

I weighed 164 pounds in this photo (2009)
Up to speed:
(2010)
You can see my gut a bit, I didn't care, I was feeling sexy that night (2010)
I look into the camera these days (2010)
No hair, don't care (2011)

I broke down the weights in my photos, and pointed things out because to those of you to lack confidence I want you embrace yourself, NO ONE is perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Chick, shut up. You were always sexy. --Suhaib

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading this post and It touched me in so many ways... You inspire me,Motivate me,you lifted my spirits, basically you made my night =)I can go on and on..
    I wish you the best on all of your endeavors!!
    You are a Brave, Talented, Ambitious Beautiful young lady!!

    ReplyDelete