Thursday, October 21, 2010

34D Illustrator Alex Mercado

He is the man behind some of 34D's illustrations such as "Dressed To Kill" and "World Domination" tees. He is also the man responsible for 34D's first promo video and a few upcoming videos we got stewing as well. We did a interview with Mister Mercado for you to know the man along side Dea Pierre (founder and designer), Matthew Daley (photographer) behind 34D's World Conquest.



Introduce yourself for our readers.
My name is Alex Mercado, aka K-O-M-P, aka the defmachinejack of all trades, a little of this a lot of that.

What are your crafts and skills?
At heart I'm an illustrator/designer/film maker based in New York City. I do freelance videography, storyboard movies, produce film, draw Comic books, Tat and shirt designs as well. I love to wreck all aspects of the art scene with my work. I'm proud of it, and live and die by the INK. I'm happy to help Miz. Pierre on her upcoming lines, she's a person that stands out from the crowd. I will stand tall with people that are creative and unapologetic ally so.



How old are you?
400 years, I'm a motherfuckin' vampire. 

What school do you attend?
I am Fashion Institute of Technology alumni. Recognize! I went for Illustration, but that's a basis, I learned more as I did hands on with film and such. You can never replace true experiences in the field with those in a classroom. Schooling is a good foundation, but sometimes you shake it off and get into the battlefield and learn first hand... there's absolutely no imitations.

What's your future goals?
I don't see futures, just expectations and goals for myself. I will dominate with my work, I will become known. I will have people fight for my skills, they will recognize that I am a creative being that will please their senses, and open up a world that is unfathomable to their initial perceptions.


Hobbies?
I love to read, appreciate the works of this world that others have to offer and took their time to create. Graphic novels, traditional novels, audio books. Finding new music. Films, etc. There is so much beauty in this world that men and women have created with their imaginations in hand with the world's natural beauty. It's a crime to deny yourself to look upon them. Stop and appreciate what your fellow human being has created for you to escape reality with. 

Tell me three things people wouldn't know right off the back if they met you.
1. I'm incredibly empathetic, I will listen to people and try to help in any way possible. As arrogant or prickish as I might seem at times!
2. I'm musically inclined and have been in one or two bands. About 50% of my work is inspired by or based on something musical. Music is integral for a happy soul.
3. I'm love's bitch


Alex is a highly valued part of 34D, it is our extreme pleasure working with him and with him as part of the team we plan on making big moves and history.

Check out Alex and more of illustrations at alexmercado.blogspot.com and coroflot.com/amercado
Take a look at his videos on vimeo.com/midnightpatrol
Follow him on Tumblr defmachine.tumblr.com

Oh and did we mention he is also the man who drew out Dea Pierre's half sleeve? (Sleeve not complete, still alot of work to be done.)

If you havent gotten a chance to see 34D's first promo video, here's your chance now. Enjoy!


34D brand promo from MPFILMS on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment